Monday, April 9, 2012

March Workout Update

Well, we haven’t fallen off the wagon yet! Our workouts did take an unexpected change of direction this past month though. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with bodyrock.tv. I’ve known about it for a few years and had been to the website but never looked too far into it. Well I finally gave it a hard look and was impressed. Aaron and I decided to give it a whirl! So we haven’t put in as much time at the gym recently because we’ve been 'bodyrockin’ at home.

I’m starting to become slightly obsessed with bodyrock.tv. Amazing website, if you are serious about losing weight and willing to power thru a challenging workout, this is for you. The workouts are made to do at home with little equipment or space. For the equipment we don’t have (i.e. sandbag), we modify with free weights or a kettlebell.

I also love bodyrock.tv’s Facebook page. It’s a great motivator throughout the day and the ‘Body Rocker of the Day’ is super motivating to me. This one guy lost 33 lbs in 6 weeks and his before/afters were crazy impressive! Lately we’ve been surrounding ourselves with motivational tools to stay focused. 

Switching gears to diet, which has gotten a bit better. With the beautiful weather, we’ve been grilling out a lot so we’ve had lots of salads, broccoli, chicken, rice, asparagus, and fruit. I really love Uncle Ben’s 90 second microwavable rice packets. They are delicious and super easy! Just don't forget to vent the packet or you will have a rice explosion, I know from experience, ha!  On the downhill side, we did try the new Doritos Taco at Taco Bell and I must say… it’s a winner. We also shared a large Potato Ole one day at the mall with cheese sauce and it was a scrumptious little treat. Oh well, we aren’t perfect, gotta indulge from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment