Thursday, February 20, 2014

Justin Timberlake - Baby's First Concert

A few weeks ago I was listening to the radio and heard that Justin Timberlake was on tour and would be in the near vicinity in just a few short weeks.  My heart rate went up dramatically.  JT!!?!!!! AAHH!!!  I immediately called Aaron and in my excitement I said we have to go!  I got home and looked into tickets and my heart sank… $800 for JT tickets?!?!  NO WAY JOSE.   And get this, that was the price for the worst seats, way up high.  The tickets were sold out so the prices were marked-up resells.  But I’m someone who is pretty driven that if I really want something… I’ll be darned if I don’t find a way to get it.  And I’m not saying that to come off sounding ‘spoiled,’ I mean it in terms of I’ll find a way to work my magic and get a deal, I’m willing to invest the time!  

Literally not even a week away from the concert I’m checking back online again… with zero hopes of getting tickets and all of a sudden I perk up, what’s this?!?!  Tickets within Aaron and my discussed price limit in the lower level?!  Looks like great seats… heart beat increases.  Tickets bought!  Baby does a flip inside.  Whoohoo!  JT here we come!

It was an AMAZING concert!  So many favorites… but my 2 personal favorite songs were “Drink You Away” and “Mirrors”.  The stage actually lifted off the ground and floated to the back half of the arena where we got an up and close of JT for probably a good 30 minutes.  Let’s face it, JT is this era’s Michael Jackson. No doubt about that, even the media throws that comparison around. To see JT in concert is a HUGE deal! 

The only thing though… is half way thru the concert, I started to think, what if I’m hurting the baby inside of me by this loud music?  It was pretty loud.  At that point I was trying to enjoy the concert but was a worrying mom about if I could be hurting my baby’s ear drums.  So I Googled it on my phone and the consensus is that as long as I wasn’t right next to a speaker (which I wasn’t) and it was only for a few hours, it shouldn’t be harmful.   The possibility still didn’t rest easy with me though.  And it was something I completely didn’t consider until we were in the midst of the concert.  So would I recommend attending a concert at 8 months pregnant?  NO.  Not even for JT.   Would I recommend the JT concert in general, absolutely!! Worth every over-priced dollar.  I keep hinting to Aaron I want to go again maybe later this year while his tour is still on.  Of course we are making no definite plans until Baby Hyde arrives and we see how that goes. 


Other concerts on our 2014 bucket list… Garth Brooks and One Republic.  Garth hasn’t announced his tour dates yet.  One Republic, we have a few possibilities that are near us and they are touring with The Script so that makes that concert even more appealing to us.  Toby Mac is in the middle of his tour but nowhere that’s near us, darn.   Here are some pics from the JT concert.  






























No comments:

Post a Comment