Friday, February 28, 2014

My Perfect Baby Shower

My baby shower was last month and it was perfect!  My sister, Heather, volunteered to host the shower for me.  Heather was a good sport, I called and texted her every other day about the shower, making sure all the planning was going smoothly.  I set up Tuesday evening meetings with her over the phone since she lives in Boulder, CO to discuss where things were at each week.  I'm just a very particular person and a major control freak :)

I had some very specific requests/’rules’ about this shower.  For one, no games.  I just felt too old for shower games, I felt like games might give folks free reign to touch my belly so I know if I said no games, I could most likely avoid this.  We kept it open-house style and Heather did do baby wish cards and parent advice cards while I was opening gifts so that was fun to have those to read later from each guest.  Second rule was no animals themes.  I did not want to see any plates that had smiling teddy bears with pacifiers in their mouths. So kept it to pink polka dots/solid pink decorations.  I wanted to keep things classy looking, not childish.  Third rule but more so a request was I wanted a ‘baby-sized’ brunch buffet, so all mini foods, such as mini muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, mini parfaits, etc.  The food at a party is a big deal to me, it can either make a party a hit or a miss. 
      
The morning of, I went and got my hair and makeup done which was really nice to have a little pampering before the shower.  Plus help calm the anxiety I was having of 25 people coming thru my house that morning on top of my controlling tendencies to make sure everything was to perfection. 

Overall, it really was a perfect shower, Baby Hyde was showered with awesome gifts and with lots of love, the weather cooperated, everything turned out beautifully, my sister did an AMAZING job making sure my vision was accomplished and I can’t wait to return the favor to her someday!  I only had one person touch my belly during the shower so I consider that a success.  Here are some pics that Jackee (www.jackeeausterman.com) took for us: 

Baby Sized Brunch with pink polka dots



Mini Cupcakes

Mimosas and Non-Alcohol Pregatinis for the pregnant peeps!

My sister and hostess Heather and I (notice how I made sure our outfits complimented each other for pics)


Daddy-to-be!


The baby sized brunch buffet: mini banana muffins, mini cupcakes, mini cinnamon rolls, crockpot egg sausage casserole, mini parfaits, mimosa bar, coffee, tea and juice 

Enjoying time with my guests

Centerpieces: baby books, fresh flowers and pics of when Aaron and I were babies, with polka dot table runners (we used wrapping paper for table runners, genius, thanks Pinterest!)


Can't you tell the guests loved the open house style concept so much more than games?! 
'Ready To Pop' favors, popcorn in pink polka dot bags
My shower invitations, gray with pink and white flowers
Silly friends
Guests enjoying the social hour (well actually the social 45 minutes, I had a time lined schedule for the party)
Aaron was such a cute little boy! 


Time to transition to gift opening, behind me on the gift table were white wooden letter that spelled BABY, cute!
Behind on the TV we had a slideshow of my weekly pics running during the party 
So much fun!  It was PERFECT!  THANKS HEATHER!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! The shower rules, the phone meetings, the pre-shower pampering. If it were anyone else, I'd think they were semi-crazy, but because it's you, it's totally okay! Glad your shower was perfect and as you had imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, well actually there was a lot more that if you knew... you would probably think I'm completely CRAZY no matter if you know me or not :)

    ReplyDelete