Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crock Pots!

I’m talking about crock pots. Yes that round thing in your cupboard that takes up a ridiculous amount of space that you only use once every leap year. I know what you are thinking… that thing that you have to plan 10 hours in advance for?!?! Ya, that thing. Well, I’ve recently dusted mine off and started getting creative. I recall back a year or so ago when I thought I would just throw some soup together and an hour later I was like why isn’t it done!?!? And then I said forget this and transferred it to the stove top and had my soup 20 minutes later. What’s the point? I’m really impatient so why bother?

With a little pre-planning, crock pot meals are super easy and tasty. They make the whole house smell great. Chicken in the crock pot is so tasty and tender! Many of the recipes are super easy; many of them don’t require much measuring.

You might think crock pots are for the winter but I have found that they are great for summer because I don’t have to fire up the oven. There are lots of summer recipes. I will be posting some new ones soon for you; my cream cheese chicken recipe from an earlier post is a great summer time crock pot recipe. So yummy!!!

Cleaning is fairly easy too. I have used before the crock pot liners you can buy at the store and they work fabulously! Makes clean up virtually obsolete.

Now since I’ve fallen in love with my crock pot, I have heard of the ‘luxury’ crock pots, yes that is the ‘Rolls Royce’ of crock pots. The kind that acts as a refrigerator and then heats up based on a time setting. Wow, amazed. I don’t need one though but sure was impressed to hear there are such kick-butt crock pots out there.
I challenge you to dust off your crock pot this week, find several recipes to try over the next month, and fall in love with crock pot cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment