Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Marriage Course

2 weeks ago we started a class thru church called The Marriage Course. I had heard good things about this class and was excited to find out the fall session worked out with our schedule. The first week was spent on the topic marriage time, main point – set a date once a week to spend uninterrupted time together. We decided Friday nights would be best for our ‘marriage time.’ Overall we spend quite a bit of time together but it just helps to know we have a specific date each week to enjoy each other’s company.

Second week was spent discussing communication. Aaron and I talked about how sometimes I just like to vent and complain and he is always looking to solve the issue. He has a hard time understanding this, but sometimes I am not looking for a resolution to a problem/issue, I just want sympathy and for him to listen to me. On the other hand, he says I ask way too many questions and want details on stuff that doesn’t matter. This was not new news to either one of us.

We don’t have issues, we rarely argue. I actually think the class is a lot more fun and easy going for us because our ‘issues’ are not a big deal. We really enjoyed our pre-marriage classes and thought this class would be similar and good to help keep our marriage strong. It was my idea to take this class and have been appreciative that Aaron has been eager and showed interest in the class and how he knows how important it was to me that we took the time to invest in this class.

And it’s paying off!! This Sunday he has planned a date day for us. I know we have an appt for massages and he spoke of cooking dinner for me. He also said he knows how I’ve been wanting to go to Panera and just sit and drink coffee out of their cool mugs, not just take it to go so it sounds like we are doing that as well. I appreciate that he listens to me and has prepped a day just for us and I never mentioned having a date day, he just has done all of this planning on his own! I’ll let you know how the day ended up!

No comments:

Post a Comment