Sunday, December 5, 2010

Black Friday

I’m a seasoned Black Friday shopper, it wouldn’t be right to skip one of the best days of the year. On the other hand, Aaron has never experienced Black Friday and had no desire too. Well that is fine except I really needed his help this year and he was a good sport about agreeing to this. I must say, you would have thought he was a seasoned Black Friday shopper, he handled the day like a trooper.

So 1:30 am the alarms go off. That’s right, time to get up! Got in line at Super Target at 2:30 am. We were probably 100 people back in line at that time. We were prepared for the 1 ½ wait (doors didn’t open till 4 am). I had on leggings and fleece pants, boots, a long sleeve shirt and a sweater, my heavy winter coat, gloves, and a hat. Over that I had a double fleece blanket wrapped around me. Aaron too was bundled up, long underwear and jeans, sweatshirt, hat, etc. We weren’t cold, only our toes were so we wished we would have worn thicker socks.

So the doors open and we took off on a dead sprint thru the store for this TV. I got my hands on one and couldn’t find Aaron. I called Aaron and he had already checked out with the TV. Man, talk about good work! I gave away the TV I had my hands on which was appreciated because they were gone in a matter of minutes. So we loaded up the TV and left Target before the line outside was even all the way in yet. Good start!


From there we went over to Best Buy. Aaron wanted a laptop. We found out they were all gone via tickets given out in line but advised to come back at 9 am to see if any go unclaimed. So we left there and went to Mendards. Mendards was absolutely insane! What a zoo. There we were looking for a shop vac as we needed it as a gift for someone, it was a hot item but we got it. Thanks again to Aaron’s quick work on that one!

From there we went home unloaded, stripped off a layer of clothing and headed to the mall. The mall opened at midnight and since it was 6 am, it was pretty dead as the crowd had already shuffled thru. We got everything on our list at the mall, another success. Left the mall and headed over to Best Buy for the 9 am line. Got an unclaimed laptop!

Most successful Black Friday I’ve ever had! Got 90%+ of our Christmas shopping done and really didn’t have much trouble finding our items. I think our pre-planning, strategizing and team work was the driving component of our successful day. By noon we were wiped out and done, ready to go home and get some sleep. I asked Aaron if he is ready for Black Friday next year and he said it wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be but would rather not participate unless needed again. HA, spoken like a true man.

No comments:

Post a Comment