Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cold Weather = Cookies!

What do I find to keep busy on a Sunday when it is too frigid to be outside?  Get a head start on the holiday baking!  My peanut butter cup cookies freeze great, so got a batch ready for Christmas already, the rest were a trial run as they were new recipes.  All which I will be tweaked just a bit for when I make the actual Christmas batch in hopes that next time will be perfection. 


What's better than having unexpected goodies arrive at your front door on a cold day? 

Our neighbors brought us a plate of goodies last year and I never found time to bake extra last year for them so this year I wanted to be sure to return the favor.  They've brought us produce from their garden, let Aaron borrow some yard tools, and have been friendly folks to us.  A plate for our neighbor next door and one for the family across the street.  The larger plate is for Aaron's small group since they will be over tomorrow.  The rest goes in the freezer. I can't have too much left over for Aaron and I but of course we sampled it all! It was a pretty time intensive project and hope and plan to recreate this all once more when it gets closer to Christmas....without burning the house down!

No comments:

Post a Comment