Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cut Out Sugar Cookies

If you’ve ever made cut out cookies from scratch, you know how much work it is! As most of you have figured out, I’m a lazy cook. Never again will I make sugar cut outs from scratch. I have now found a brilliant short cut! Thanks to Trader Joes. Trader Joes’s is a new grocery store in town that is one hot place. There is a huge Trader Joe craze in Des Moines right now and I’m lovin it too. Trader Joe’s is a national retailer and you may have one close by.

Buy a box of Trader Joe’s Workshop Cookies (may only be available at Christmas time). These cookies are amazing! Taste just like from scratch. Welp, I decided that these could be improved. How? Ditch the frosting that comes with it and make your own frosting from scratch. DELICIOUS!

Cut Out Sugar Cookies


Make a box of Trader Joe’s Workshop Cookies as directed on box, throw away frosting packets.
Frosting recipe came from a gal at work; I LOVE almond extract and altered her recipe a bit to make the frosting less runny (she had way more milk than I would have and I omitted the stick butter she had in her recipe, so here it is…)

Frosting:

1 cup of powdered sugar

3 Tbsp of milk

¼ tsp of vanilla extract

¼ tsp of almond extract

Mix ingredients with a wooden spoon in bowl. Use a spreading knife and frost each cookie. Top each cookie with sprinkles that came in the cookie box mix. Let frosting set up before putting up the cookies.

Talking Oven Mits!

Lookin' Good!

Aaron helped keep me sane by helping out where needed, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment