Monday, April 25, 2011

Sick Day :(

Today I stayed home sick from work, while sitting on the couch today, feeling miserable, I couldn't help but think how lucky I was.  Lucky that is to have Aaron as my husband. 

Last night I woke Aaron up numerous times all night long.  The first time I woke him up was after midnight, I asked if he could get me some Tums.  Without hesitation, he got up and brought me Tums.  2 am I woke him up again and asked for bowl because I thought I was going to get sick.  At 2:30ish again because I did get sick and needed him to clean out my bowl.  He also got up to bring me the laptop because I was going to email in sick but then I changed my mind and decided to wait it out a little longer so he got up again and took the laptop back to the office.  Then a few times throughout the night I just shook him awake just to tell him I didn't feel good.  Then at 4:30, I woke him up telling him I was hungry and wanted an apple sliced.  Again without hesitation, he got up and sliced me an apple. 

Now there is a little more significance to this apple.  Earlier in the week when I again was lying in bed not feeling well, I asked him to bring me a sliced apple.  When he brought it to me, I noticed that after he cored it, he did not go thru slice by slice like I do and take off any additional core that was still on the slices.  I gave the bowl back to him and told him he needed to do that.  When he brought it back, I had made a comment that night about how the size of the bowl he put the apple in was disproportionate to the size of the apple (I know...I was out of line by saying this and was not being appreciative).  Well last night when he brought me in my apple, it was sliced just the way I wanted it and the bowl was the right size, I didn't even say anything, he just remembered.

So I then laid in bed and chomped on my apple slices for probably a good 15-20 minutes when I decided I needed to use the bathroom.  I rarely ever actually get out on my side of the bed and walk around, I always bear crawl or barrel roll over Aaron to get to the bathroom, so yet again, I woke him up by doing this. 

I must say, never once did he complain or hesitate to get me what I needed all night long.  Nor in the morning did he wake up and make any comments on how he was tired or how it would be a long day like I probably would have if I was in his shoes.  I just couldn't help to think throughout my day today that despite not feeling any better how thankful and lucky I am to have Aaron to take care of me when I'm sick.   I sure hope we have a more restful night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment