Monday, April 4, 2011

Vacation Accomodations

So I’m excited for our summer vacation. Aaron and I don’t go on ‘big’ vacations often; if anything we tend to just go out of town for a long weekend, which are always a nice treat but doesn’t feel overly adventurous.

The planning for our Colorado vacation is fun because with each thing I plan, I can visualize us there in the moment. I finally made all arrangements as to where we are staying each night. We will be staying at a mix of campgrounds, cabins, and hotels. We will be vacationing throughout Colorado; therefore we will not stay in one spot but for a few nights before we move on. Since we are going to be gone 7 nights, I decided to capitalize on the opportunity to tent camp in the mountains to save money. 7 nights away from home gets costly! Tent camping allows us to save on some nights so we could spend a bit more to stay in a nicer cabin and also to get a hotel right in downtown Denver. I can handle a little give and take and actually the idea of the tent camping keeps growing on me more and more. I think our time tent camping will be more memorable than any hotel stay. Here’s a tour of where we are staying….

First night – just going to find a mediocre hotel along the way since we are taking off early evening. 

Our second night is in Rocky Mountain National Park, specifically Moraine Park:


Will be a nice view to wake up to!
I really like how they give pictures of every tent site, some tent sites have zero view and/or butted up right against another site, I like how I can see on a campground map how close the next tent is to us and also have a picture to see the actual site, yes this is the actual spot our tent will be! I thought that was extra helpful.

The next 2 nights we will be staying in this cozy little cabin in the Estes Park area, just perfect for Aaron and I, I like how it opens up to the outside space.  Again, these are pictures from the exact cabin we will be in, which is so helpful to know what to expect. 


Cozy and Cute


I like how it opens up to the outside


Right on a river, although it looks more like a creek, LOL!

Awesome lookout on the property

This is what I plan to do on vacation... drink wine by the firepit and enjoy the scenery with Aaron

The 4th night we are staying in downtown Denver.  Awesome location to everything we want to do within walking distance.  We’ve had really good luck at Comfort Inn’s lately.  We stayed at them in downtown Minneapolis and Kansas City have been impressed with the accommodations for the price and think this one appears to be pretty good too. 



The last 2 nights we will be in Colorado Springs tent camping again.  This again is the actual site we will be staying at in Cheyenne State Park.  This is supposed to be one of the nicest and secluded campgrounds in the area. 


Not much for scenery but being secluded is a nice perk

Hope the bears don't like this spot

7th night – stop at mediocre hotel on way home, hoping we can possibly drive straight thru and sleep in our own bed that night.

I check everything against tripadvisor.com. I take the reviews on each of these accommodations seriously; one bad review can really affect my decisions. So I have high expectations because all of these accommodations received great reviews.

Anyways, that’s just a peek at what I’ve been busy planning.  I’ll fill you in on our planned activities in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment